Tavares - Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel • TopPop
Tavares (also known as The Tavares Brothers) is an American R&B, funk and soul music group composed of five Cape Verdean-American brothers. Born and raised in Providence, Rhode Island, they would later move to New Bedford, Massachusetts.
• Butch - Feliciano Tavares, born 18 May 1948.
• Chubby - Antone Lee Tavares, born 2 June 1945.
• Pooch - Arthur Lee Tavares, born 12 November 1943.
• Ralph - Ralph Viera Tavares, born 10 December 1942.
• Tiny - Perry Lee Tavares, born 24 October 1949. 1975 turned out to be their most successful year chartwise, with a Top 40 Pop album (In the City), the No. 25 hit "Remember What I Told You to Forget", and their biggest hit, the Top 10 Pop/No. 1 R&B smash "It Only Takes a Minute", which was later successfully covered by both Jonathan King and Take That, and sampled by Jennifer Lopez. They parlayed this success into a spot as an opening act for The Jackson 5. KC and The Sunshine Band was also on this tour. "Minute" was followed by a string of hits: "Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel" (1976), "Don't Take Away the Music" (1976), and "Whodunit" (1977, another No. 1 R&B hit).
'Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel' was no. 1 in the Netherlands Top 40 in 1976.Watch our great music videos ❯ https://goo.gl/feVLNNMore TopPop? Subscribe here ❯ https://goo.gl/aICMxiMore info on Wikipedia ❯ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TopPopBroadcast date: 5 October 1976This is to let you know that the video recording of the video clip was originally recorded by AVROTROS Broadcasting. AVROTROS Broadcasting hereby warrants and represents that it is the sole and exclusive owner of the physical film and/or videotape footage in this video clip. The performance of the artist(s) in the clip was filmed and recorded with the written consent of the artist(s) and their representatives.AVROTROS is a Dutch radio and television broadcaster, founded in 2014 from a merger of AVRO and TROS. From January 1st, 2014 the name of the merged broadcaster was used in joint programmes. AVRO was founded in 1923 as the Netherlands first public broadcaster. TROS started broadcasting in 1964. Toppop was a weekly AVRO pop program that was aired between 1970 and 1988.AVROTROS BroadcastingPO Box 21200 JA HilversumThe NetherlandsTopPop was the first regular dedicated pop music TV show in the Dutch language area. Dutch broadcaster AVRO aired the programme weekly, from 1970 to 1988. Presenter Ad Visser hosted the show for its first fifteen years.World famous music artists performed on TopPop: ABBA, 10CC, Bee Gees, The Jacksons with Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Earth & Fire, Queen, Golden Earring, Boney M, KC & The Sunshine Band, Chic, Donna Summer and many many more.